I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Giovanna at Book Coma. Thanks a ton! Let’s get to answering questions. 🙂
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
What is your favorite movie?
- My favorite movie will always be My Fair Lady. Audrey Hepburn has such elegance and grace, even when she’s trying not to be graceful. Pretty much everything she has ever done is perfect.
What is your dream job?
- When I was in high school and college, I always knew I wanted to be a high school English teacher. Now that I’ve taught for a year (granted, not English, but I still got the teaching experience), I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Part of me wants to still work with children. My brain has been going to working with special needs students. But I don’t really know yet…I guess I still have some time to figure it out!
What is your favorite color?
- Purple, hands down. If I could have everything in purple, I would. My husband might not like that though…
What is your favorite food/restaurant?
- My absolute favorite food is spaghetti. I have a few favorite restaurants: Cracker Barrel (hashbrown casserole for the win), Cheddars (gotta have the broccoli cheese casserole), Rabbittown Café (this is one local to me; they have the absolute best breakfast biscuits…as big as your face!)…I pretty much love food. It’s kinda a problem.
Favorite Band or Musical Artist?
- My all-time favorite band is The Decemberists. Y’all definitely need to check them out.
Hardback or Paperback Books?
- It depends on what the book is. If it’s something I know I’m going to love and display forever, I splurge for the hardcover. If it’s an iffy book that I don’t really know about, I tend to go for paperback. It also depends on my budget.
What book was the last book you read, and gave 5 Stars?
- The last book I really read was Catastrophic Spells, part of the Wonder Cat series. I just love how the whole series is pretty fun and easy to read. I have the next book waiting for me on my Kindle; I just need to read it!
Have you ever given a book 1 Star, and if so, what book was it?
- It’s not a book I’ve reviewed here, but I really really really hate Moby Dick. I just think it’s pretentious and boring. I’ve never really liked Melville. I refused to read anything by him in college.
What is your favorite book genre?
- I don’t know if I really have a favorite genre. I just kinda pick up books that say something to me, and I read them. I know that’s kinda a cop out answer, but it’s true!
Who is your favorite author?
- This answer is going to be the same as the previous question. There are so many good authors out there, it’s impossible to choose!
Have you ever traveled outside of your country? If so, where to?
- When I was 3 or 4, my family and I traveled to England for about two weeks. My uncle and aunt were getting married, and from what I remember it was a fun trip. I distinctly remember going into Big Ben and trying to find the Great Mouse Detective.
So here are my 11 questions:
- If you met the child version of yourself, what would you tell them?
- What is one thing you could change about your past if you could?
- What is one thing that scares you?
- What is something that you enjoy that you wish you could do more often?
- What is something that you want to learn how to do?
- Where is a place you never want to go visit again?
- What one piece of clothing could you not live without?
- What’s your favorite junk food?
- Do you prefer reading or writing more?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is something that people don’t know about you that you’re willing to share now?
And here are my tagged people:
- Shelumiel of Bookish and Awesome
- Rosema of A Reading Writer
- Aya of A Blessed Brownie
- joysofbookworms of Live. Laugh. Read.
So there you have it. Things have been pretty crazy lately with a newborn and all, so I’ll try to update as much as my baby will let me. 🙂