I love doing posts like this. I found this from Arctic Books, and I thought this would be a fun way for y’all to understand my reading habit and why I pick certain books. Let’s get started!
1. What was the last book you read?
The Witch Doesn’t Burn In This One. I really enjoyed that collection. You can see my post about it here.
2. Was it a good one?
I thought so.
3. What made it good?
I loved how it made me think about current social issues.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
I definitely would.
5. How often do you read?
Not as often as I’d like. Having a two-year-old prevents that sometimes.
6. Do you like to read?
7.What was the last bad book you read?
I don’t know if it was bad per se, but I wasn’t the hugest fan of Breaking the Glass Slipper.
8. What made you dislike it?
Just wasn’t my jam.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Eh? I have a book idea in mind, but I don’t really know if I’m going to go through with it. For now, I’m really happy with blogging.
10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
Some books that have really touched me are The Princess Saves Herself in This One, The Alchemist, and Carry On Warrior.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
12. Do you write fan fiction?
13. What’s your favorite book?
Trying to pick a favorite is like trying to pick your favorite child. It’s impossible.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
Moby Dick. I hate Melville.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I love both for different reasons. Physical books are just so satisfying. My Kindle allows me to read with a kid on my lap.
16. When did you learn to read?
I think a little before kindergarten.
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
There were so many! But if I have to choose one, I think it would be The Bell Jar.
18. What is your favorite book series?
Harry Potter for sure.
19. Who is your favorite author?
Fiction: don’t really think I can pick one.
Non fiction: Brittany Gibbons
20. What is your favorite genre?
Either fantasy or historical fiction.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Hermione and Matilda. I really connected and identified with both of them.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Don’t they all?
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Everything, Everything. It was so sweet!
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
Twilight or Fifty Shades of Gray. I was never a fan of either series.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
If I can be left alone and read, a couple days. If I have a crazy kid and husband to deal with, it could take FOREVER.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Sometimes. Some adaptations are amazing, while others are just ok.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I think Ender’s Game. I wasn’t a fan.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
I feel the Lord of the Rings series were pretty spot on.
29. Do you read newspapers?
No, but I should.
30. Do you read magazines?
From time to time.
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
It’s one of my preferred spots.
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
You gotta do what you gotta do.
34. Do you read while in the car?
If it’s a long car ride, yes. Books helped me survive the 13-hour trips to Michigan.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
Haven’t tried it.
36. Are you a fast reader?
When a book has really captured my interest, yes.
37. Are you a slow reader?
When I have lots of distractions, yes.
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
Probably on my couch under a blanket.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
40. Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
I would prefer it to be quiet.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
Probably my dad.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
I’m currently reading Quackery, but after that I don’t really know.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
JK Rowling for sure.
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Brittany Gibbons. She’s a badass and super funny.
47. What book have you reread the most?
Either the Harry Potter series or The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
Books that have stood the test of time and are still relevant today.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
ALL THE BOOKS.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
NONE OF THE BOOKS.
Do you agree/disagree with my answers? Fill this out for yourself!